Uniworld Logistics Pvt. Ltd., is emerging with a new identity and dimension as one of the most versatile Logistics service provider in the industry. The company has many co loaders across the globe.
Agile Labs provided Uniworld Logistics with automated Data Synchronization in its solution.
Data Synchronization with the limited bandwidth made Possible
Uniworld Logistics Pvt. Ltd., is emerging with a new identity and dimension as one of the most versatile Logistics service provider in the industry. The company has many co loaders across the globe. Thus they required a system to exchange data with their co loaders. The long job cycle in their current system was a real pain for the data entry operators. Also the manual way of calculating job profits resulted in error prone MIS reports. Thus a complete system to manage their business processes covering Freight Management, Finance, Payroll along with CRM etc. was a major necessity for effective and efficient functioning.
- Key challenge was to provide a system which is easy to use as well as to synchronize data from all branches to HO with the limited bandwidth.
- Mapping of unique processes in Freight forwarding (like Shipment tracking, Job Costing, Co-loader integration, Customs gateway integration).
- Controlling the scope as the customer themselves were not clear of what they needed, the requirement kept changing.
- Domain expertise was a key challenge. This was mitigated by UWL providing 2 dedicated resources to be a part of the implementation team.
TECHNOLOGY AND TOOLS
- Axpert RAD Platform
Logistics Operation Package was implemented to cover freight forwarding operations of UWL covering Air / Sea imports and exports, in all branches of UWL, in 6 Calendar months (including rollout in all branches)
Finance Module – General ledger, Account Receivable, Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation modules, were implemented in all branches next.
CRM – Following processes implemented & used effectively within UWL o
- Lead management
- Opportunity management
- Contact management
- Activity management
- Account management
- 360 degree view of customers
Payroll module was implemented in 10 days time.
Employee Portal – for the employees to view / edit their personnel information and to view notice board information.
Overseas Rollout – Rollout of Operations Package in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore. BENEFITS Improved shipment tracking. A smart client facilitates a single point master creation that helps synchronization between various branches. Enhanced customer / profitability analysis. A highly efficient Job Costing algorithm provides accurate costing information. Better control over invoice creation and job cycle
- Improved shipment tracking.
- A smart client facilitates a single point master creation that helps synchronization between various branches.
- Enhanced customer / profitability analysis. A highly efficient Job Costing algorithm provides accurate costing information.
- Better control over invoice creation and job cycle
- Profitability analysis was possible only at the end of the month. But today profitability can be seen instantly.
- Easy navigation through the inbox concept wherein the whole process can be viewed from a single screen.
- No redundant data entry. Automated finance voucher creation. The number of head counts in Accounts department reduced by 40 %.
- Automatic creation of jobs and on time manifestation.
- Manifestation which took 20 min before is now been processed within 3 Min,using our technology – Profit 5RM
- Enhanced irregularity monitoring and proactive system alerts
- Better Credit Control.
- Installed in 18 branches across the globe
- Each branch at an average generates 5000+ invoices (Job Orders) and records 7000 supplier bills per month.
- Total number of invoices raised by UWL = 25,000 to 30,000 per Month
- The incremental data from all the branches are synchronized to HO and vice versa, in a interval of 15mins
- 4,00,000 transactions per year per country
Effort : 60+ man months
Project Duration : 18 months + Long term support contract .
Peak Team Size : 8
Concurrent Users : 75+