ethica Clinical Research Inc.
Mindprint provided ethica Clinical Research Inc.
with a complete ERP solution to manage all processes
Complete Automation Required: for easier Management
ethica conducts clinical research for major pharmaceutical leaders worldwide and their complex projects schedules range from a few weeks to multiple years. The complex nature of ethica’s client contracts, complex projects, and a dynamic travel schedule of ethica’s consultants, created a number of data management challenges. Information resided in various formal and informal databases and information from various sources was being consolidated manually for monthly invoicing.
ABOUT ethica CLINICAL RESEARCH Inc.
ethica Clinical Research Inc. is a full-service Contract Research Organization (CRO) that conducts and manages ethical clinical research on drugs, biologics, medical devices and natural health products.
ethica is celebrated in becoming the first Canadian entity and the first CRO in the world to become accredited by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP)
- The prime challenge was to create the ideal processes that would fit the size and culture of ethica.
- Another challenge was to ensure that the system allowed for the rich and complex nature of ethica’s contracts with their clients, including payment terms and schedules that were tied to multiple events and triggered based on project milestones.
- Data migration of all the master data and transaction data of all the projects for the last one year
- To implement the solution onsite and Go-live in the time-frame of four months.
TECHNOLOGY AND TOOLS
- Oracle 11g
- Microsoft Remote App
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Office
- Fully designed and developed Axpert modules were used for development and implementation.
- A complete business solution comprising the following modules and features, was implemented
- CRM – covering Lead, Client management, Doctors, and Clinical Research Sites.
- HR – covering Employee Information Repository, Vacation and Sick Day Requests, Quota Management.
- Pre-Sales – including Project Estimation, Quotation, Client Payment Schedules, Client Contracts.
- Operations – including Project Creation, Staff Assignment, Milestone Management, Timesheets, Research Site Monitoring Sheets, Expense Management.
- Invoicing – Multi-currency Invoice Generation
- Accounting – Interfacing with Quickbooks
- Reporting – Profitability By Study/Client, Revenue Forecasting, Quote Expiry, Timesheets, Resource Availability, etc.
- Comprehensive yet simple-to-use solution provided facilitating easy access to employees without adding unnecessary processes
- Instant and real-time availability of Graphical MIS reports providing total business condition visibility thereby enabling informed, timely and effective decision-making.
- Improved productivity and better utilization of resources.
- Real time sales and sales pipeline data.
- The cost of maintenance is very low and hence better Return Of Investment.