EODB- West Bengal
Ease of Doing Business in the state of West Bengal
APPLICATIONS BUILT ON AXPERT™ RAD PLATFORM TO IMPROVE EASE OF DOING BUSINESS IN THE STATE OF WEST BENGAL
The Government of West Bengal is desirous of creating a business-friendly environment in its state. This pursuit will be started by providing a seamless IT platform that will enable single window clearance for starting business anywhere in the state.
The Government of West Bengal selectedAxpert™ Rapid Application Development Platform from Agile Labsfor creating a revamped Online Single Window Portal (OSWP) for improving the Ease of Doing Business in the State.
Investors and businesses needs multiple approvals from multiple departments for starting or operating a business. The online single window provides the following functionalities:
- Single dynamic composite application form (CAF) for multiple services allowing an investor or a business to fill up one form for multiple clearances and approvals;
- Single Online Payment for multiple services through an integrated payment gateway with all modes of payment viz., debit card/ credit card/ net banking enabled;
- Breaking the Composite Application Forms electronically into individual forms and sending the forms to the backend systems of various Departments electronically along with the corresponding proof of payment;
- Online tracking of status of applications while they are being processed by various Departments;
- Online communication of approval; and
- Downloading of approvals/ NoCs/ permits/ clearances etc. online.
The Online Single Window Portal (OSWP) is intended to provide a Common Application Form (CAF) to the investor. Investors can sign up into this portal and are verified using an OTP that is sent to their email and mobile. Every investor is uniquely identified through their email address and a password. All user information is encrypted and stored in the database. Each application form that is required to get approval of services provided by departments will be created as forms within the portal. Subsequent processing for approvals will happen within applications in that department. Periodic status updates will be provided by the respective applications to the online singe window portal (OSWP). The portal will in turn provide the status updates to the investor through emails and SMS.
Integration requires the creation of a seamless flow of data from the OSWP to a Department and from a Department to the OSWP. The traditional method of writing a bunch of web services on the OSWP side (to be consumed by the Department’s systems) and on the Department’s side (to be consumed by the OSWP system) can always be done but is not recommended under the circumstances where stringent timelines have been prescribed. The reasons for this are twofold: firstly, writing web services correctly in a short time requires a certain level of skills for developers and vendors which may not be available with SIs/ IT vendors of all Departments and secondly, integration testing of web services typically requires a lot of time because of the time taken in designing and developing the exception handling process. That is why integration through the traditional method of writing web services typically requires 9 to 12 months. Integration is, therefore, proposed through the use of Axpert Date Exchange (ADE) and Axpert Data Router (ADR) which would achieve integration at the data layer without web services.
Axpert™ is a low coding RAD platform on which enterprise grade applications can be developed in 50% of the time, effort and skill required to build an app using traditional programming languages. Apps are developed on Axpert™ by only defining the data structures, work flow and business rules on the fly using a simple and intuitive Axpert IDE. These is no need to write code in business or presentation layer.
The security standards that are followed for any distributed RDBMS based applications can be applied on Axpert™ applications to ensure maximum security of data. A robust access control layer that comes along with Axpert ensure maximum safety of data. This gives complete control to the app administrator to restrict access of data for relevant user groups.
Axpert™ provides the capability:
- To create services for citizens along with the backend work flow within a very short time. A service could be made online within a couple of weeks.
- To aggregate the forms dynamically and create one single common access form based on user selection. This can be achieved only if the apps are defined on full meta data driven model.
- To integrate with apps that do not have web services capability at a data layer.
- To integrate with apps that offer web services at the service layer.
- Create wizard kind of facilities.
The architecture conforms to the CERT-IN security recommendations to ensure data security and access control. This proposed architecture based on Axpert rules out any danger fromcross site scripting, SQL injection, identity theft, network eavesdropping& unauthorized access.