Agile Labs provided Uniworld Logistics with automated Data Synchronization in its solution.
Data Synchronization with the limited bandwidth made Possible
Uniworld Logistics Pvt. Ltd., is emerging with a new identity and dimension as one of the most versatile Logistics service provider in the industry. The company has many co loaders across the globe. Thus they required a system to exchange data with their co loaders. The long job cycle in their current system was a real pain for the data entry operators. Also the manual way of calculating job profits resulted in error prone MIS reports. Thus a complete system to manage their business processes covering Freight Management, Finance, Payroll along with CRM etc. was a major necessity for effective and efficient functioning.
- Key challenge was to provide a system which is easy to use as well as to synchronize data from all branches to HO with the limited bandwidth.
- Mapping of unique processes in Freight forwarding (like Shipment tracking, Job Costing, Co-loader integration, Customs gateway integration).
- Controlling the scope as the customer themselves were not clear of what they needed, the requirement kept changing.
- Domain expertise was a key challenge. This was mitigated by UWL providing 2 dedicated resources to be a part of the implementation team.
TECHNOLOGY AND TOOLS
- PROFIT 5RM 6.2
- AXPERT 22.214.171.124
- Microsoft .Net Framework, ASP .Net, VB .Net, C#
- Oracle 10g
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Projects 2007
Logistics Operation Package was implemented to cover freight forwarding operations of UWL covering Air / Sea imports and exports, in all branches of UWL, in 6 Calendar months (including rollout in all branches)
Finance Module – General ledger, Account Receivable, Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation modules, were implemented in all branches next.
CRM – Following processes implemented & used effectively within UWL o
- Lead management
- Opportunity management
- Contact management
- Activity management
- Account management
- 360 degree view of customers
Payroll module was implemented in 10 days time.
Employee Portal – for the employees to view / edit their personnel information and to view notice board information.
Overseas Rollout – Rollout of Operations Package in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore. BENEFITS Improved shipment tracking. A smart client facilitates a single point master creation that helps synchronization between various branches. Enhanced customer / profitability analysis. A highly efficient Job Costing algorithm provides accurate costing information. Better control over invoice creation and job cycle
- Improved shipment tracking.
- A smart client facilitates a single point master creation that helps synchronization between various branches.
- Enhanced customer / profitability analysis. A highly efficient Job Costing algorithm provides accurate costing information.
- Better control over invoice creation and job cycle
- Profitability analysis was possible only at the end of the month. But today profitability can be seen instantly.
- Easy navigation through the inbox concept wherein the whole process can be viewed from a single screen.
- No redundant data entry. Automated finance voucher creation. The number of head counts in Accounts department reduced by 40 %.
- Automatic creation of jobs and on time manifestation.
- Manifestation which took 20 min before is now been processed within 3 Min,using our technology – Profit 5RM
- Enhanced irregularity monitoring and proactive system alerts
- Better Credit Control.
- Installed in 18 branches across the globe
- Each branch at an average generates 5000+ invoices (Job Orders) and records 7000 supplier bills per month.
- Total number of invoices raised by UWL = 25,000 to 30,000 per Month
- The incremental data from all the branches are synchronized to HO and vice versa, in a interval of 15mins
- 4,00,000 transactions per year per country
Effort : 60+ man months
Project Duration : 18 months + Long term support contract .
Peak Team Size : 8
Concurrent Users : 75+