- Create forms on the fly without coding.
- Automatic creation of database tables along with implicit or explicit relationships.
- Provision to track changes made to data and maintain effective audit trial.
- Manage data flow by just mapping forms without need to write code.
- Forms are published with options to list data entered in forms in a tabular format that can be filtered on various criteria. The list can be printed, exported to XL. The list will be able to manage large volumes of data.
- Provision to search for transactional data on any field in the form or transaction.
- Inbuilt report writers, PDF designer and integration with MS Word for creating free form reports(Iview) is part of the platform.
- Define roles and users along with access control. The access control module should allow definition of access control on forms, data elements and buttons in the form.
- Provision to define a work flow on any form(Tstruct) with options for the user to approve, reject, forward or hold a transaction.
- Provision to import data into any form(Tsruct). The rules of population and validation mentioned in the form should be applied while import of data.
- Store photographs, images, documents of any type along with any transactional data. Option to store these within the database or on a file system.
- The apps developed can be used as a desktop application or as a web application.
- The apps developed in a development instance can be published to cloud platform with ease.
- Export data from any form/reportsfrom the app to an XL or a CSV file or a user defined file format.
- Exchange data with other apps in an asynchronous mode or through web services.
- A complete control on the CSS and presentation layer of the app.
- The data structures are open and can be used by any other app with sufficient rights.
- The app developed can be made available in multiple languages.
- The platform can be integrated with the email servers, SMS gateway, payment gateway and a standard content management system.
The Power of Axpert™
Build large and robust applications quickly
The Axpert Process Server is time-tested and is running enterprise-scale applications at many customer sites. The development process does not involve deep coding and hence large applications can be built with far less effort.
Application development closer to the user
This can be a very significant advantage when building apps around non-standardized business processes. In this case, adopting an agile method to develop the process structures with frequent deployments to end users or doing a ‘paired development’ along with the domain user can provide magical results.
Business reports can be developed onsite, collaboratively with customer. Creating reports is simply a matter of writing plain SQL (select) statements. The bulk of the report development can be achieved in this fashion.
The Axpert Process Server is a small set of web services that can parse and render process structures as an application. The size of the web services will not increase based on the number of process structures. The web services do not also change based on the business rules or the kind of business process being implemented. This means easier load balancing, lower cost of deployment and better overall performance.
Faster development compared to traditional coding
Application development using Axpert will be a lot faster than with conventional coding. The savings come mainly from the automation by the process server of most of the mundane activities in application development – such as database table creation and maintenance, transaction management, CRUD operations, report writing, managing GUI, automatic support for data import & export, OLE integration with Office tools, Email support etc.
Change management made simple
Since an Axpert™ application is process-independent, change management gets simpler. Business rules can be changed merely by editing the process structures. New business processes can be created by defining new process structures and mapping them to the existing ones.
A process structure can be accessed over the web on a standard browser or as a Windows desktop application. It can also be deployed across different database servers and synchronized at the process level. So, an application developed on Axpert™ can be deployed as a thin client, rich client or a distributed database application. Interestingly, this decision does not have to be taken at the time of application development.